As we add more and more add-ons to the CRM product, the Activate Users UI needs some tweaking to accomodate those new add-ons. So, I present an Idea which could be a good solution without compromising usability and experience.
The goals are -
- The user's list should be visible very clearly.
- Add-ons for each user should be shown too.
- The UI should give the current status of the User's activation status.
- The user status should be visible separately from add-ons activation.
- All add-ons and their status (activated / not-activated) should be clearly visiable and their names should be readable
- Enabling / disabling the user or an add-on should be simple and easy. The operation should use the minimal clicks if not, optimal number of clicks.
Considering the above goals.. I sketched a couple of versions starting from a simple update - introducing icons to each add-ons and grouping the columns. But when I thought about the scalability, it faced issues. So I extended the UI and ended up with the below shown UI.
At any time, a simple glance will show the add-ons enabled for individual users. Also the green-red colors will show whether the users are activated or disabled. Also in the edit-mode, the simple check-boxes ensure the selections / clicking is easy and straight-forward.
After designing this UI and testing, X questions popped out.
1. How do I know the number of licenses remaining for each add-on? There should be a way to display the license numbers on-screen.
2. Will this work for companies that has more than 50 users? How will the UI handlelisting of more than 50 users? Pagination? Search? Sort-by?
Now I have some thing to keep my mind busy over the weekend. :-) If you have any ideas, suggestions, feel free to share.
Happy New Year!